Saturday, June 8, 2013

My Last Week


It is hard to believe I have come to the last week of my 5 months of ministry in Uganda. Over the course of the next few weeks I hope to post some thoughts and reflections, but for now I would appreciate your prayers for a fruitful final week here. Here is a rundown of the events of my last week in Uganda…

Today (Saturday, June 8): I am very excited that this afternoon I will be having my first taste of a “big-time” African athletic event. I will go with two Sixty Feet interns and some ABU staff and students to a World Cup qualifier football match between the Uganda Cranes (the Ugandan national team) and the Liberian national team at Namboole (a.k.a. Mandela National Stadium) here in Kampala.

Sunday (June 9): My last Sunday worshipping at Gateway Bible Church in Bwerenga. I will have the opportunity to share one last time with these wonderful folks who have been my church family here in Uganda for the past 5 months. I also will be taking a new friend of mine from Japan named Jun, a visiting lecturer in banking and economics at ABU. Then I will also preach at the afternoon service at the South Sudanese church of one of my students at ABU.

Monday and Tuesday: I am speaking at a Youth and Children's Ministry Conference at ABU for 200+ Ugandan church and para-church ministry leaders.

Wednesday through Friday: I hope to spend time with the Sixty Feet Staff and make a last trip or two to visit the children in the facilities where we work.

Saturday: I will be doing some teaching and training with the elders, deacons and other ministry leaders at Gateway Bible Church in Bwerenga during the day, then Pastor Boaz will take me to the airport to begin the journey home.

Thanks to all who have prayed, supported, and encouraged Andrea and the girls and me during these past five months.

Tim 

No comments:

Post a Comment